Brookhaven Borough has a new trash company – B&L DISPOSAL SERVICE
- Trash days will continue to be on Wednesdays w/ bulk trash
- Yard waste not to exceed 40 lbs
- Tree branches cut in 4’ lengths or less
- Mattresses/box springs put out for bulk trash MUST have a mattress cover on them or they will not be picked up. Covers can be found at Home Depot (possibly Lowes as well).
- Recyclables will be picked up separately and should be placed a few feet from the trash to avoid confusion.Also, if recyclables are placed in a trash bag, use clear bags so haulers know its recycling. If using a regular trash can for recyclables, please make sure it has a RECYCLE sticker on it. The office has the stickers.
- Animal waste to be in plastic bags before putting in trashcan.
Items that will NOT be picked up by B & L Disposal Service:
- Cans over 40 lbs.
- Building material (homeowner is responsible for disposal)
- Auto parts
- House cleanout – homeowners are to rent a dumpster if cleaning out a home (moving, etc.).
- If a member of a household has chemo/radiation or iodine treatments, please don’t put their tissues, diapers, or any other article in the trash. It will set off a hazardous load in the truck and set back the regular trash pickup for several hours (DEP regulations). Call the County for disposal options.
Appliances containing Freon/refrigerant cannot be placed at the curb, but can be recycled during one of our electronic/appliance recycling days (see below).
Our 2017 electronics/shredding dates are as follows:
Electronics*/Shredding: Saturday, April 1st from 9:00am until noon at Borough Hall parking lot
Electronics* ONLY: Saturday, June 10th from 9:00am until noon at Borough Hall parking lot
Electronics*/Shredding: Saturday October 7th from 9:00am until noon at Borough Hall parking lot
*Electronics – anything with a plug