Brookhaven Borough Public Fire Safety Officials can stop by your home at NO Cost to You for a routine Fire safety Inspection which includes CO and Smoke Detector evaluation and installment if or once detectors are provided by the resident.
• Almost three-quarters of Americans do have an escape plan; however, more than half never practiced it.
• Two of every five home fires started in the kitchen.
• Fixed or portable space heaters are involved in about 4 out of 5 heating fire deaths.
• On average, there are 32 home candle fires reported per day.
Public Fire Safety Officials will go over the following but not limited to,
• Smoke Alarms
• Smoking Safety (Leading Cause of Civilian Home Fires)
• Cooking Safety (Leading Cause of Home Fires)
• Heating Safety
• Electrical & Appliance Safety
• Candle Safety
• Carbon Monoxide Alarms
• Home Escape Plans
**To Schedule for Home Fire Safety Inspection **
Call the Borough Hall Office @ 610-874-2557, and select Option 3.