JAMES H. SMITH, JR. TAX COLLECTOR
504 CAMELOT DRIVE
BROOKHAVEN, PA. 19015
REAL ESTATE TAXES: Total tax millage: 4.85
SEWER FEES: Vary as to location of property.
TRASH FEE: $ 223.00 per household.
(Condominiums in the Borough do not have a trash fee.)
Delaware County Treasurer
201 West Front St, Media, Pa 1903
Phone: 610-891-4278 | Fax: 610-891-4883
Penn-Delco School District
2821 Concord Road, Aston, PA 19014
Phone: 610-497-6300 Ext. 1304
• Residents of Brookhaven Borough are sent 3 tax bills each year. County, School and Borough. Borough tax bills are sent out each year in mid February . This bill will include the borough tax as well as the sewer fee and trash fee, if applicable.
- If payment is made prior to March 31st, a discount of 2% will be deducted from the borough tax portion of the bill. There is no discount on the sewer or trash fees.
- If payment is made between April 1st and May 31st the tax will be due in the face amount.
- Any payments made after June 1st will be charged a 10% penalty.
- All unpaid taxes after December 31st will be liened at the County Tax Claim Bureau for payment. The sewer and trash portion of the bill, if applicable, will be payable to the Borough, not to the Tax Claim Bureau. Please call the Tax Collector’s office for amount due for these fees.
- Any resident requesting a paid receipt of their tax bill, must include a self-addressed stamped envelope. Payments received without the envelope will not be returned to the resident.
Residents may be eligible for rebate programs.
- Trash rebates may be available to senior citizens and those totally disabled.
- If your income is $ 22,000.00 or less you may qualify for a 50% rebate.
- If your income is $ 11,000.00 or less you may qualify for a 100% rebate.
- PA tax rebate is available to senior citizens that may qualify. Applications are available at State Representative’s office located in the Borough Municipal building.
Contact the Borough office for forms. Telephone 610-874-2557
NOTICE TO MORTGAGE AND SETTLEMENT SERVICE COMPANIES:
- There is a charge of $ 30.00 per folio for a certification that will include Borough, sewer and trash fees, if applicable for 4 years.
Duplicate bill fee is $ 10.00 per folio.
- Payments made without tax bill will require a $ 10.00 fee per folio. All requests must be made in writing accompanied with necessary fees.
- THESE FEES ARE PAYABLE TO: JAMES H. SMITH, JR, TAX COLLECTOR
- “NSF” fee is $ 30.00 THIS FEE IS PAYABLE TO: BOROUGH OF BROOKHAVEN, TAX COLLECTION
TAX CERTIFICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE PROPER FEE AND A SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE. THE OFFICE DOES NOT FAX CERTIFICATIONS.